Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's Out!

So we had to take my picc line out a little earlier than planned due to an infection, but I'm not sad about having it gone. I am grateful I had it when I needed it, but I had been on oral meds for a couple of days and was tolerating it, so I was hoping to get it out soon anyhow. Bad part is my arm looks nasty from my allergic reaction that I developed and the infection at the entry site, but a week of antibiotics should take care of that. (I think the blistering and oozing from my allergic reaction to the adhesive and the plastic caused the infection.)
The long tube on the left was what what inside my vein.
So although I still have a constant level of nausea throughout the day and still throw up every morning, it is so much better than those dark memories in my mind of throwing up 20 times a day, that I can tolerate the yuckiness I feel now pretty well.
We also had a visit to the perinatologist last week and had another ultrasound, which confirmed that we are having a girl. Everything looks really good, but we have to go back in two months to make sure that a calcification in the heart is going away as it should. Seems like we've had so many ultrasounds, she is a well documented little lady! We are happy and the boys are so excited too!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Oh Rachel I can't even begin to imagine what you have been through and what you are going through. I can hardly handle being sick for the first 16 weeks. you are amazing!! And its a girl! yay. so fun. that is what I have, 2 boys and a girl. it is awesome. So excited for you. Hang in there.

Jaime Lynne said...

Congrats... on the girl and the removal of the line!