Wednesday, January 30, 2008

31 Things About Me

I really should be heading to bed, but it was too much fun reading everyone elses, so I thought I would add my own.

1.If your doctor told you TODAY that you were pregnant, what would you say?
I don't think I'd say anything, I'd likely have passed out.

2. When was the last time you flew in a plane? December 2006 from Las Vegas to Anchorage, Alaska. I was 7 months pregnant and had a 1 year old. Good times...

3. What did the last text message you sent say? Today was actually the first time I texted. I asked Mark if he could be home for bedtimes tonight.

4. What features do you find most attractive in the opposite sex? Solid arms and shoulders, something you can really snuggle into.

5. What is a goal you would like to accomplish in the near future? This is a secret.

6. Shoe size? 9- 9 1/2

7. Been to Mexico? Tijuana count?

8. When is the last time you had a massage? June 15, 2006 at the Marriott in Summerlin, it was fabulous and now I am wondering why it's been so long since then. I know the precise date because we stayed there for our anniversary.

9. What was the last TV show you watched? Curious George this morning

10. What are your plans for the weekend? Perhaps going up to St George on Saturday.

11. If your significant other asked you to marry them TODAY what would you say? Definite yes.

12. What is in the back seat of your car right now? 2 carseats and garbage

13. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? Feeding the boys breakfast.

14. If you could marry any celebrity today who would it be? Brad Paisley, I think he'd be fun.

15. Have you ever been to a strip club? Not yet, hee hee

16. What is the best ice cream flavor? I'm a fan of Moosetracks, but a standard mint and chocolate combo is always good.

17. What is the last sporting event you watched? NY Giants/Green Bay football game.

18. Ever go camping? Yes, but not since we've had kids.

19. Last phone call? To my hubby.

20. Are you allergic to anything? Cats

21. What is one thing you have learned about life recently? It's impossible to do everything well. Anyone who thinks they can have a career and not sacrifice their family is lying to themselves. (I'll be politically correct and say that it's just my opinion and that I'm sure there are other women who handle it better than me).

22. What do you do at work? I'm a speech-language pathologist working at HealthSouth Rehab Hospital. Yesterday my day consisted of trying to feed a woman who has had several strokes resulting in her having to have a shunt put in the relieve the pressure on her brain. I was able to upgrade a cute 91 year old man from a thickened liquid to thin liquids (this requires more explanation than I have time for). I saw a 23 year old girl who fell 20 feet and landed on her head, we are working on writing skills, her voice since she was on a ventilator for 2 months, and her cognition because of the brain damage, but she is doing remarkably well. And a 50 year old man who has severe cognitive impairment due to a brain injury from a motorcycle accident. He's a biker guy and after awhile his sexual comments towards me have become quite humorous. I had a few other patients and gave my updates to the doctors and tried to sooth a crying family member of one of my patients. All in a day's work.

23. What is your mom's name? Susan

24. Ever cried for no reason? No, not unless I'm pregnant.

25. Can you do the Crank Dat dance? Only if this includes the RogerRabbit.

26. What is your favorite color to wear? Black or brown.

27. What is the longest plane ride you have ever been on? Probably Vegas to Detroit, with the layover it was about 8 hours. Otherwise 5 1/2 hours nonstop from Vegas to Anchorage. Wait, stupid me. How could I forget about my trip to Ecuador in 1998? Salt Lake to Houston to Panama City to Guayaquil Ecuador. I don't even remember how long it took us, but all day and into the night comes to mind.

28. What is the longest road trip you have ever taken? 18 hours, going from Glacier in Montana to Logan, UT in 2004. Mark and I thought we'd take the scenic route through Yellowstone and Jackson Hole. It was the worst idea ever and by the time we rolled into Logan to get to our hotel, we were both very tired and crabby and he was mad at me for reading the directions wrong because we couldn't find the hotel. But I am very good at reading directions and it turned out that the reason we couldn't find the hotel was because the Mapquest map was wrong.
We also spent 18 hours on the road from Colorado Springs, CO to Vegas this summer. Way too many stops with our 2 little boys. I've tried to block the experience out of my memory the best I can.

29. What are your turn-offs? People who are truly self absorbed.

30. What was your last alcoholic beverage? None. I don't think a swig of old apple juice counts.

31. What are you craving right now? Sleep.

2 comments:

Jossie said...

You crack me up! I love that you said you thought Brad Paisley would 'be fun', that you haven't been to a strip club 'yet', and that you can do the Crank Dat dance if it includes the Roger Rabbit! Thinking about the Roger Rabbit takes me WAY back! Oh, and I agree with you about 'you can't do EVERYTHING' and do it all really well. And I don't think you have to be politically correct at all :-) Hey, you still doing that Shabby Apple party?

Rachael said...

ohhhh...#5 is a secret! You're killing me with that!
Loved getting to know you more!