Saturday, June 21, 2008

Flashback

I've decided that I need a new catchy name for Flashback Friday since I never get to them on Fridays. Though I haven't come up with anything clever yet.

So this weekend I am flashing back to one year ago. We were about to leave for our family reunion in Colorado Springs, CO and we got a call from someone interested in our dog Zulu. With Michael just 1 1/2 years old and Jacob a couple months old, we had been trying to find a new home for her for some time. But as soon as we met the guy, we knew he was the one to take her. He has emailed us since and thinks she is the best dog in the world and we know he spoils her terribly, so we couldn't have been happier. Sometimes we still have moments of missing her, but she was just too much dog to have around the little boys, and giving her away and finding a good home relieved a big stress. So here is to Zulu, the craziest and most loyal dog. (I loved her ice blue eyes, but I didn't love how she figured out how to open the bedroom door so that she could go #2 in Michael's room).
As a side note, in reference to our trip to Colorado, what were we thinking taking a 3 mo old and 18 mo old on a 16 hour road trip driving through the night? I've blocked most of the trip out, but I think it must have been worth it to see my folks.Pikes Peak, Jacob was a trooper. June 2007.Zoo in Colorado Springs, Michael loved feeding the giraffes. June 2007. (I just noticed that Jacob is now 15 months and has already outgrown the clothes that Michael was wearing in this picture when he was 18 months.)

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Yeah I don't know what you were thinking either! I can't imagine how hard of a trip that would have been!
We gave away one of our boxers when Eli was 6 month old and although I felt like a horrible person giving him away after 6 months with us he LOVED his new owner and vice versa. It made it so much easier to know I did the right thing for him.

Sarah said...

You were definitely brave taking a road trip with such little kids. I dread them.

Dizzy Kate said...

Wow! You guys are brave taking such a long trip. I think you guys are the troopers! I know you guys are amazing parents. I love reading your flash backs.