Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Busy Life

Time just continues to fly by, whether I like it or not. This past week the boys have all of a sudden grown up on me. Jacob is now a full fledged toddler and Michael is turning into a boy and out of toddlerness. Jacob had his well check today, he's 16 months and still is off the charts for his height, for those who find his lack of teeth amusing you should know he did break through his top two teeth in the last week, bringing him to a total of 4 teeth.

Mark has 1 1/2 weeks left of school and then a week off, after which he starts his first clinical rotation and he is very excited to get out there and start putting the book work into context. Coincidentally, he was assigned to the HealthSouth where I work, so hopefully we will be able to have lunch together sometimes. There have been some changes in the Speech Therapy department at work, two therapists have quit in the last month and two new ones will be starting this month. So I am going to be moving from inpatient to outpatient services. There are pros and cons to the move, but I always like change up in my work. Anyhow, it's a different sort of feeling in outpatient, so I will update you on that when I get going with it.

So I thought I'd update what we have been doing the past couple of weeks with a series of pictures.


We tamed wild tigers.
And wild mustangs.

Built houses for homeless "Cars" characters.


Mud wrestling.

Tolerated (and still tolerating) ridiculous heat.

Went to the boy's first movie theater movie- Veggie Tales on the Big screen. Nothing like a giant cucumber that sings off key.

Felt very patriotic.

Watched fireworks at a local park.

Practiced being stinking cute. (How can he be 16 mo already? And why is he wearing 2T clothes already?)

And went swimming at Aunt Meisha's.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun! I really need to get Eli some Lincoln Logs! I think he would love them!

Melissa B said...

Thanks for the update. I feel like I haven't seen or talked to you forever! Also, I think I figured out who the Howards are in our ward. Does he look EXACTLY like your husband and is she blonde and have two kids?

Jossie said...

Cute pics! I'm glad you updated so that we could see what you were up to. I cannot believe that Jacob is 16 months old either! Crazy how fast they grow up!

Salinda W. said...

Rachel,
You have some cute little guys on your hands! It seems strange that you have such grown up boys, how fast life changes!

Dizzy Kate said...

You guys have been busy! I think my second girl, Kessa, had all of her teeth in before she was one. It was a little crazy, constant teething. No one could believe how full her mouth was of teeth. Kendra was the oposite and I thought she would never have a full mouth of teeth. I can't get over how cute your boys are. I love to hear about your job. I remember we would talk about what you were going into when you were going to school at the U of A. I miss those days sometimes. Good memories!