Sunday, April 12, 2009

Beautiful Bovine

We headed out to the County Fair today, and had a wonderful time, despite the wet weather. Mark and I loved taking the boys to see the different animals and we had the standard fair food- fry bread, Indian tacos, Kettle corn, and great hawaiian bbq. I couldn't bring myself to try the fried twinkies or fried oreos, just seems like a gastrointestinal sin.
But we saw this fine fellow- he had a beautiful coat and was totally ripped, at least that's what all the heifers were saying.

Why is Jacob's face all aglow you ask?

A train of course! It took forever to get Michael away from it.

Here Michael is hitting a wall, way past naptime! But don't worry, a little kettle corn and he gets his second wind.

Taking a break out of the rain.

So here you see the second wind- how is it that he can be completely soaked up to his knees and can be perfectly happy, but if he steps in a little spot of water at home we have to change his socks?

Makes me chilly just looking at it.

Attempting to warm up while Jacob gets in a little snooze.

We rode the carousel with the boys and they both loved it.

Ah yes, good times indeed!

They particularly enjoyed the small animal exhibits- rabbits, chickens, goats, there was even a few reptiles like this snake. As I have mentioned before, some things are inherently gender related, like their intense fascination with this snake.

After about 4-5 hours there, we headed back to Las Vegas. This was Jacob on the way home...

...and this was Michael.

It was a good adventure, but I think next year we will try to go during a weekday when there would be less people. Mark and I have fond memories of going to the small town fair as a kid, so it was great to be able to hopefully start that tradition with our own kiddos.

4 comments:

Megs said...

I love county fairs, but I'm with you--I don't like the crowds. Mmm, fried Twinkies. Some day I'll try one.

Rachael said...

I didn't hear about it until yesterday morning and I was NOT going on a Saturday! I really want to go next year!!!

Kellie DeMille said...

Wow, you guys are troopers. That rain looks crazy! Tyson has not stopped crowing like a rooster since going into that small animal tent. We almost bought a rabbit, they were selling them for $15!

Lynette said...

We went too...but we went on Thursday when there were alot less people and it was sunny and HOT. I used to think the same thing abou the deep fried twinkies and stuff...but seriously they really are good. I can't let myself think that way though because I put on 20lbs just thinking abou them...but still YUMMO!
BTW...I don't know if you were planning on the Springs Preserve or not for this wednesday, but it just so happens that we now have to be at a funeral. Chris was called to be the Bishop on sunday and already gets to do his first funeral:(