Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fathers and Sons Campout

Well, Robin requested that I get the roach off of my page, so I decided to go ahead and blog a few pictures from the campout last weekend.
Mark said that they had a good time, except for trying to get to sleep because the older kids were up late. I don't think Michael recovered from his lack of sleep until Wednesday.
My pictures are in reverse order, but I'm too lazy tonight to fix it, so here is Saturday morning, playing with Tyler...

Here he is feeling cold and not very interested in taking a picture...

Playing with the boys- I love that there are a good group of boys his age that he will grow up with (no one move, okay?)- Michael, Eli, Tyler, Jackson, and Tyson.


In this picture I just think, my oh my he is all boy. He is genetically engineered to climb, his XY chromosome demands it...His XY also demands that he soak himself in the stream as soon as they get to the mountain and then freeze until he can finally be convinced to put on dry clothes!

And I have to post a picture of Mark's grub. He doesn't believe in just taking hot dogs, he loves good food (well we both do) and everything he makes has a bit of a gourmet flavor to it. Foil dinners never tasted so good!

Jacob has the honor of going with Mark to a campout with his brother's ward next weekend, so stay tuned. That should be an interesting adventure. Nice of Mark to work the kinks out before we go on a camping trip this summer!

3 comments:

Robin gut my favorite title is Grandma said...

Thanks for exterminating the roach from the top of your blog. Yucky!! I love the pictures - you have the cutest little boys. Today in class Mark pulled out the first pictures he had of the boys on his binder when school first started in November 07 - wow they were just babies back then.
Only 84 more days Rachel - just keep holding on!! It's almost over!!

Dizzy Kate said...

I love the pictures. Your boys look so BOY!!

Dial Family said...

I was laughing so hard at the cockroach dying, SO NICE!! I relish those moments as well; we get plenty here in St. George.. eck!! What a fun camping trip for the boys... Nate mentioned yesturday that since he doesn't have boys he's just going to take his girls. I just laughed at him... maybe he can borrow some. :)