Monday, June 15, 2009

25%


Eight years ago today Mark and I got hitched, married, tied the knot, took the leap, etc, and it was a perfect day! Since I will be 32 this year, that means that we have been married for 25% of my life! Crazy in a good way!

So here are 8 things about our marriage on our 8th anniversary:
1) We only fight if we haven't spent enough time together.
2) A sure fire cure for my hiccups is for him to kiss me.
3) We both think that things wrapped in bacon are divine. Bacon wrapped dates, bacon wrapped cream cheese filled jalepenos, bacon alone. All things in moderation or else...well, it wouldn't be pretty.
4) In an effort to "get my vote" he made certain campaign promises during our courtship. One of which was that he would always clean the toilet. I like to often remind him of this after I have cleaned the toilet.
5) I think he is hilarious. We had the missionaries over for dinner on Sunday and he asked them if they felt they had a handle on the language. I still think it is funny today. If you don't think it's funny, you had to be there.
6) We have talked about going to Spain for 8 years, hopefully it won't take 8 more before we are able to do it!
7) I never buy ice cream, but I secretly love it when he buys it for me on occasion.
8) We are only on our second roll of saran wrap in 8 years. Buy the Costco size. It's remarkable.

So Happy Anniversary to my dear, patient, loving husband. So much more yet to come!

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Forget Spain, come to England - you can always crash with us!

Lynette said...

Yay for 8 years!!! When Chris was called to be Bishop, the Stake Pres. asked for a 5 year committment. When we got home I laughed and said "Um we haven't even been married 5 years, shouldn't they wait and see if WE can even make it 5 years?" hahaha

For the pics...I just play around with the levels and layers and try the saturation alot. Do you have a photo editing software? I use Gimp for now...it's free!
Next wednesday sounds good to me. Do you and the boys want to come swimming? Or is there something else you'd like to do???

Judy said...

I LOVE that picture of you guys. Very beautiful!

Congrats on 8 years. Funny, I feel like we're one year behind you (I'll be 32 next year/and it will be our 8 year).

As always, you've always got your head on. I don't think I got any campaign promised :(

I'm with Jenny... go to London!

Jossie said...

Cute post! I'm with you on the only fighting if you haven't spent enough time together. That's totally me and Karl :-) Congrats on 8 years!

Rachael said...

#5 did make me laugh!
Congrats! We have you beat by almost double!

Steph Kjelstrom said...

I can't believe you are only on your second roll of suran wrap! congrats

Melissa B said...

Ditto on the saran wrap, I'm still on roll 1. (we celebrate 8 years this year too!) Congratulations. In celebrity years that's like 20!

Sydney, Cali & Brynne said...

Congratulations! I love this post! Miss seeing you guys. We'll have to come down for a few days and stay on base when Jared gets some time off.

Kellie DeMille said...

Congratulations, you beat the seven year itch! What is the next hurdle? The ten year rash? Who comes up with these things anyway?