Friday, November 27, 2009

Compliment gone awry...

Mark and I were able to go on a much needed date about two weeks ago, we did some christmas shopping, got some dinner, talked and planned and talked. I was wearing my fancy new scarf so I was feeling quite trendy. While eating dinner, Mark says something like this to me:
"you are so beautiful, you look like you could be on the cover of Chadwicks."
Oh, I laughed so hard. In his head, he thought he was referring to one of the catalogs I like- like JCrew or Downeast. It still makes me laugh out loud when I think about it. A well intentioned compliment gone awry!

Oh yeah, with moves like this, I totally could be in Chadwicks.

Footnote on 11-30-09: As a caveat, let me say that I did appreciate the comment that he does think I am beautiful, and I did check out the Chadwicks website and much to my surprise found some stuff that I liked, I am either getting older, or chadwicks is expanding to better clothing. I just have a recollection of all their clothes being for women older than me.

4 comments:

Salinda W. said...

Your gorgeous, and hey out of curiousity I looked up Chadwicks and it has pretty models so it was to bad of a compliment! Hope you guys are having a great Christmas Season

bloodfamily said...

Hey at least he complimented you - take it and run with it!

Judy said...

I want to see a picture of this fabulous looking scarf that prompted such an outburst. I may just have to buy one... it's been a while since anyone compared me to anything near a Chadwicks model!!!

Sydney, Cali & Brynne said...

That's so funny! I love it! Hope you guys are doing well!