Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Michael's Birthday Bash

Michael turned 4 yesterday! I thought about doing a little friend party, but I just didn't have the time or energy to put into it this year, perhaps next. So we just had all his Las Vegas extended family over and I think he felt well celebrated.
Can't believe how big and handsome he is getting!

Although I shouldn't encourage his train obsession, it was such a cute cake mold that we couldn't resist. I was happy that he actually ate it since he has always refused cake in the past (his last two birthdays I made cookies and brownies instead). I wonder if he would eat meatloaf if it looked like this.

We had 22 people there, and I felt really blessed this year that we have so much family in town and that they all love my boys.

Showing off his truck from Papa.

His big surprise gift was his bike from Mommy and Daddy. He is working on getting the hang of it, 24 hours later he is already much better!

Michael has grown and developed so much in the last year, and he brings such great joy to our family. He'll always be this little man to me.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think I met Jacob when he was that small! I can't believe he is already 4. Time has passed quickly. Great job on the cake!

Lynette said...

Happy Birthday Michael!!! Love your cake. So cute. And he really IS so handsome:)