Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sewing Obsession

I am taking a break from sewing at present, although i have projects in mind for when I start up again. I wanted to make a few things for a few people for the holidays, and this is what I ended up with:
CRAYON ROLLS for the little boys and a few of my little neices and nephew, so easy and made from scrap fabric I had. Should be good for church.

I loved this idea from Homemade by Jill and thought i'd whip out a few for my sisters here in town. I think they turned out so cute!
Cute little dish towels...
and coasters!
Made to match their kitchen paint colors.
So fabulous! Here is a cute Christmasy set I did for Michael's Sunbeam teachers. They are awesome and I hope he adjusts to a new teacher all right next week.

I made these towels and apron for my dear friend Lynette as a thank you for taking our amazing family pictures. I was so excited to give it to her because I knew she would love it! I loved the western themed fabric. Though I was nice enough to actually give it to her instead of keep it for myself, like I did with the Christmas apron I made. (It was supposed to go to Jenny for my Chain of Love gift thing that I posted about forever ago. But I loved it so much so I kept it. Don't worry Jenny, I will send you one that you can wear all year round- and it will still be fabulous!)


Now I plan to take a little break from sewing and try and gut my house from top to bottom. I have two busy weeks of work and then I am taking a whole week off just to stay home. I am so excited! No seriously, really really excited. I haven't taken more than a long weekend off since I started working full time in October of '07. A full week with no other job than to be a mom and a homemaker! Thereafter I will only be working 3 days a week until summer or until a possible future pregnancy renders me incapacitated, which ever comes first.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm very excited! Did my Christmas card make it to your house?

Sarah said...

Your so talented. You will be happy to know that Michael will have the same Primary teachers next year! They are moving up with the class.

Lynette said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my towels and apron! Thank you again! You are the sweetest!!! Can't wait to do another project with ya either. I'm so excited that you will be working less:)

Jena said...

AAHH!! I know that we live kind of close, but I wish it was closer, so I could sew with you often. I sewed a few of those crayon rolls myself one late night. My obsession really have been for sewing with felt though. Pictures soon!!

Rachael said...

So cute! I feel bad...Eli gave Sis Noble cookies...I failed on a good gift but maybe having Eli in her class is a gift enough! JK
So glad they have her again next year!