Friday, September 17, 2010

Last of the Alaska Pictures

So the remainder of the trip was spent visiting, which will be a much less interesting post for people outside my family.
We helped my niece get ready for 80's day. Without intending to, it turned out kind of flashdance-ish which probably isn't good. We cut the socks off to look like leg warmers. I have a hard time looking at this picture since in my head she should be 3 years old still.
I went and visited my friend Brooke that lives in Eagle River. It was fun to see her and her family. We went to a campfire with some of their friends and let the boys run around in the woods til much too late but had a great time. I am terrible about remembering to take pictures with friends when I visit. I visited Diana and Melissa this year and didn't get my picture with them either.
My boys like their marshmellows straight up, raw. But they like to cook them blackened and then expect me to eat all of them.
Oh all right. Pass me some chocolate and a graham. Tis the curse of a mother.
The next day Jacob put his head in a wall. See the shiner on his forehead? And the circle surrounding it? It matches the hole in the wall in my niece's room. Note the scrap under the nose as well? That was him trying to copy his cousin and do a forward flip on the trampoline. Nothing like a face plant. It was one of those situations where I could see what he planned to do but didn't really have time to stop it, but was kind of amused that he was attempting it.
We spent more time outside playing (they are on the picnic table under the slide), but I like the picture because it shows what a pretty spot my brother lives, surround by trees. I saw a sign that said the fire danger was "low" which made me laugh. After 30 straight days of rain, it was almost like they were daring you to go ahead and try to start a fire.
The last day there I took the boys to the Alaska Transportation Museum, which was really more like a junkyard, but what drew us there was that they have this little train you can ride on that goes for about 10 minutes through a forested area. It's kind of cheesy because they have old doll houses and toys set up to look like little towns, and I can tell you Hillbilly Barbie has seen better days, but the boys greatly enjoyed it.
Ta Da! We looked at some of the big engines.
And some of the old jets, boats, and firetrucks they had.
We had a great visit, but were ready to come home. The boys were as good as they could be on the long day of traveling back to Las Vegas, right up until Jacob threw a huge fit on descent into LV because I wouldn't let him get out of his seat to look out the window. Full on screaming. It was lovely. People needed to wake up anyhow, right?
I think that is it, oh, I should post Jacob and his spider. That was kind of funny. I think he needs a pet, he gets too attached to bugs. He is still feeling the loss of an earwig I flushed down the toilet 4 days ago. And when I tell him not to touch the roaches that turn up dying outside, he says "but it's my little friend!" Yeah, maybe I should invest in a fish or gecko.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Your trip looks awesome!!! I think Alaska looks beautiful and I can't wait to go there someday! We want to do a cruise next year!