Wednesday, February 16, 2011

So I found these online when I was looking up info on my zofran pump. I think they speak for themselves.



Don't get me wrong, I am very happy to be having this baby, this is just the hardest thing I've had to do. I was sick with the other two and had to take zofran all 9 months, but this is worse and I hate feeling so incapacitated. I feel particularly blessed to have a wonderful husband and fortunate that my parents are still living with us to help with the kids. I had great doctors while I was in the hospital who were very compassionate and understanding. I have read stories online of women who had been to the er 5-10 times before their doctor recommended a pump and had lost 20 lbs. I'm not that tough. 3 days of not keeping anything down and 5 lbs lost was enough for me. The perinatologist was quite entertaining and insisted that 10 minutes of throwing up was more than enough. He was the one that suggested I may feel like throwing myself off a cliff before it gets better. He also said that the only cure is delivery, so right now September can't come soon enough!

7 comments:

Robin said...

I'm so sorry - that has got to be tough, but I AM excited for you and Mark.

Kellie DeMille said...

I'm sorry you are so sick but so excited for your growing family. Cangratulations!!!!!

Sarah said...

I really feel for you! With each of my pregnancies I always hope that I will feel less sick, and I just seem to feel worse and worse. So glad they gave you the pump!

Rachael said...

Oh Rach-I am soooo sorry you have this! I hope these next 9 months 6-7 months FLY by!

Amy C. said...

Love the graphics!!

Amy C. said...

Love the graphics!! So, so true!!

Jennifer said...

Have you been to www.helpher.org? That's a great resource to read about Hyperemesis Gravidarum, and to refer people to when they ask what it is, and give you a million things that worked for their morning sickness. (All of which could never TOUCH the sickness of hyperemesis gravidarum)
Who is your perinatologist? I LOVED mine!
You are lucky they hooked you up to the pump so quick! I was in the ER like 3 times, had one overnight hospital stay, and had Angie do emergency IV's about 3 times before getting the pump. I had lost 17 pounds in about 7 weeks or so of time. Ugh... I just can't even THINK about ever going through it again!