Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Update

Just wanted to update and let my friends know how I'm doing. I got my PICC line this morning, not the worst thing in the world but would rather not have to do it again, 4th times a charm right? The good thing about this is that they can draw blood from it and my meds can go in it, as well as TPN and fluids. So after 7 IVs in 2 weeks I was very ready to stop being poked, since the PICC line can last for several weeks or more. This also means I can take the needle out of my abdomen because the nausea meds go in the picc line now. I am hoping that the meds going straight into my blood will give me better relief from the severe nausea than the meds going into the fatty tissue of the abdomen and being absorbed. I am also hoping that the TPN, which is nutrition that goes straight into the bloodstream, will help me feel a little better. Maybe a nice pharmacy cocktail of vitamins, minerals, and proteins will give me a little boost in energy.
My parents have been a lifesaver with caring for my boys, I can never repay them for all that they do! Mark is my rock and takes good care of me. Michael is my worrier and is always checking in on me and does what he can to take care of me. Jacob provides the comic relief. My sisters have brought meals and brought their teen/preteen daughters to clean my bathrooms and floors.
I was looking at baby pictures of my boys and trying to psych myself into remembering how awesome babies are. I'm just glad that I know this too shall pass, and glad that we are being blessed with another baby despite the difficulty, and that the Lord does show tender mercies in even the smallest things.
Michael at 5-6 months. Sigh.
Jacob at 4-5 months. Sigh. At least I know I grow yummy babies!
Oh yeah, and it's fun to do this to them- tough guys don't care if their bibs have pink!

3 comments:

Just the 2 of Us! said...

Rachel, glad to hear things are going...better! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help out. It's nice that you have family near to help you out. I'm learning that children usually don't come into our life the way we planned but in the end it's always a blessing and well worth it. Love the pics!

Rachael said...

I hope you are doing better! I feel horrible that you have to endure this! Please let me know if you need anything as well...I'm just a few streets away! :)
Hoe cute are those boys! They look exactly the same now as they did then!

Salinda W. said...

I hope you are feeling better now. Wow what a trial. I am glad you have so much help around you. Just keep looking at those cute boys to help you through.