Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Irksome

Grrrrr...

I lost my phone yesterday and nothing is more irritating. I knew exactly where I lost it because I remember hearing something fall on the ground when I got out of the car, but I didn't see anything. It wasn't until I realized I didn't have my phone that I remembered that the sound I heard was the cell phone, and of course when I went back to the parking lot an hour later it was gone. I tried the nearby stores, but to no avail. It's so irksome that people aren't honest enough to turn it in. So my phone line is turned off right now, making the internet my only connection with other lifeforms. I went into Sprint today, but turns out I don't have a phone upgrade available until April and I am morally opposed to spending$199 for a very basic picture phone. So I'm going to try and figure out another option tomorrow. I find that if I call customer service, they are much more helpful than the people in the store. Hopefully I will be back in business soon.

In other news, Michael stayed in him bed last night, it was a sweet miracle that I am again praying for tonight.

On another random note, does anyone else fall in love with Collin Firth as Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice? I just finished it tonight and I love it every time I watch it. Almost makes me want to live without indoor plumbing. Almost.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

The same thing happened to my phone. I hope whoever took it is happy, although I love my new phone so I can't complain. You didn't by chance have insurance did you? You can also go on ebay and get any phone and then you should be able to just transfer your plan to that phone...at least that is how Verizon does it. We have an extra phone with a cord if you want to use it until April...its Eli toy phone but it works.
Anyway, I have been wanting to watch Pride and Prejudice. I have heard a lot about it.

Amy C. said...

I long for the days when men were men, women were women and everyone had the most beautiful grasp on the english language - does almost make you want to give up indoor plumbing...

Steph Kjelstrom said...

I've been reading An Assembly Such As This-Fitzwillam Darcy, Gentleman. And I really want to watch that version of P&P again. Sorry about the phone-that's the pits!

Sarah said...

The battery on my phone is defective and keeps going dead as I am talking to people. However I am not eligible for a phone upgrade until May either, so I am holding out.

Jossie said...

That totally sucks about your phone. I feel your pain since I was trying to call you for the last two days :-) I think I have run in to some very nice people in my life because the time I lost my phone in the UNLV bathroom, the person called my uncle and I was able to meet him to retrieve it. That's a story in and of itself. Let's just say I don't feel like a minority very often....except for that time. Good luck with getting a new phone! I wish you the best. See you tomorrow!