Friday, February 22, 2008

Flashback Friday


For flashback friday, one of Mark and mine first dates was a quick trip to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. We'd probably only been dating 1-2 weeks. We left at midnight and went with another couple and got there by 5am in time for the sunrise. We had breakfast at the lodge there (so good!!!) and hiked around, took a nap at the fabulous chairs that they have outside the lodge and then headed back to Vegas that afternoon. It was the first time I thought there might be something to the relationship, since I had figured I'd go back to BYU in a few weeks and it would end. I'd never talked to anyone for 5 hours straight and 5 hours back. Plus the spontenaity of it all was really good for me.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fun picture with the sunrise. These old pictures bring back such good memories.

Rachael said...

I love it! What a great spontaneous date you guys went on! Man I miss that spontaneity! (good thing for spell check...I so would not have gotten that right!)

Jossie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jossie said...

Can you believe I've never been to the Grand Canyon? What an awesome experience to be there at sunrise, and that you discovered there was something more to the relationship

Amy C. said...

Flashback Friday - what a great idea! I'm going to include that on my blog too!