Wednesday, May 14, 2008

SPT- Challenge


Well I have been wanting to get back into Self Portrait Tuesday, but I never seem to get to it on Tuesdays because I'm working and then Wednesdays home just fly by. So my posts may not be on Tuesdays, but hopefully you all will find them interesting.

The challenge for the month of May (because it is Lelly's wedding month) is as follows:

tuesday, may 6 something old
tuesday, may 13 something new
tuesday, may 20 something borrowed
tuesday, may 27 something blue

So let me start with SOMETHING OLD

This is a picture of Michael with probably the oldest thing in my house. It is about 63 years old and is in relatively good condition considering! The boys love having it around and use it often as a toy to ride on/jump on/snuggle on. Michael seems to have a particular appreciation for it. In addition to being fun for the kids, it also is helpful for me to have around. It does the dishes nightly and waters plants for me. My name for it is "Dad" but the boys call it "PaPa." Having this in my house has really made life easier on me.

I know for some, it's hard to imagine your parents moving in with you, but the timing was right for us. And I am fortunate to have wonderful parents who don't overstep their bounds and are such a source of security for our boys while Mark is at school and I am at work. So a million thanks to the oldest thing in our house (my dad) and the second oldest thing in our house (my mom).


And now for SOMETHING NEW
I have been searching for some time now for glass bottles/jar things that I could use to decorate since I painted the kitchen. I finally found some and filled them with beans/rice/wheat/pasta. And I love that they are helping to bring together the kitchen that I have been trying to achieve. (Note that the plants are still alive thanks to my folks).

5 comments:

Amy C. said...

Very cute jars Rach! Great idea! I'm kind of a fan of the "old things" at your house too! Very fortunate indeed!

Sarah said...

I love those glass bottles! Very cute decorating idea. I am glad you are going to do SPT's.

Jossie said...

I love that the 'something old' is your dad! Funny! The glass bottles look very nice :-) Hey, can you still watch Tyler tomorrow night? I can't wait to have a date with my hubby! Thanks a ton!

Rachael said...

Oh I love love love the jars! Where did you get them???? Good decorating item! I need to spruce up the top of my cupboards too!

Dizzy Kate said...

I love all the jars. That was a very sweet post about your dad and mom. I didn't realize that they moved in with you and Mark. I'm sure your kids love having them around.