Sunday, August 24, 2008

Daggers

So Michael and I often read this book before bed and there is one page that says "Does he fall on the top of his covers and cry?" It shows a picture of the dinosaur crying on his bed with tears and a sad face. Well over the past two weeks, when we get to this page, Michael tells me that he's crying because his mommy went to work. Dagger straight through my heart. Oftentimes he follows it up with a statement about how mommy will come home. I try to reinforce that, that his mommy will always come home. One more year plus 3 months. I greatly look forward to not working full time and I'll just leave it at that.

6 comments:

Salinda W. said...

Rachel,
ouch I understand. Just keep it up. You can tell in your pictures that your boys are happy and know without a doubt they are loved and safe. :) Don't be hard on yourself, you and Mark are great parents.
Salinda

PS thanks for coming over for cookies I needed the company.. :)

Sarah said...

Oh how heartbreaking for you to hear. I'm so sorry. Guilt is so hard on moms.

Rachael said...

That is sad! I love that book too....well Eli does.

Jossie said...

Oh man...that must've been hard :-( You're such a great mom though! One day you'll be able to spend tons of time with them and it will all be worth it :-)

Dizzy Kate said...

That would break my heart. On the other hand, obviously he loves being with you and spending time with you. I know you are a great mom.

Judy said...

I would be sad too... not that it's true. You are a wonderful mom, which is apparent because he misses you so much.