Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tagged x2

So my sister Amy and friend Judy both tagged me with the same one, which is, to tell 7 weird/random things about myself. Which is hard to do when you think of yourself as rather unexciting. So I will give it a try anyhow, because I love Amy and Judy.

1) I have frames hanging up in my home with no pictures in them. I keep intending to print out pictures, but it still hasn't happened. But at least the hallway isn't bare.
2) I like soft things. I keep trying to update my style and buy some trendier clothes, but I am always drawn back to cotton. I have a closet full of cotton knit shirts.
3) I love books and love to read, and in my dream home I would have a reading room or library with big overstuffed chairs to plop down and read in. Since it is a dream home, I would likely put a popcorn machine and fountain sodas in there as well. Anyhow, I like to think that I have a good vocabulary from reading- I always did well on the verbal sections of standardized tests like the GRE, SAT, ACT.
4) I used to hate my feet. I thought they were so ugly. I have since discovered that eventhough my toes are long, they are not terribly ugly and I now wear sandals without a second thought. You really can't live in Las Vegas and not wear sandals.
5) I have a small rock in my right knee. When I was in 7th grade, we had a progressive dinner for a YW/YM activity and were supposed bike ride from house to house. I had not been on a bike in years so when I got in some loose gravel and started losing control, my reaction was to pedal backwards like I used to do on my old Holly Hobby bike with the banana seat. Well that doesn't work so well on a ten speed, so I wrecked and gashed up my knee. It eventually healed, but I can see one black speck, a tiny little rock still resides there in the scars.
6) I don't care for cats. Kittens are fine, cute and all. But not so much a fan of cats. It doesn't help that I am allergic to them.
7) I think that peanut butter and chocolate are a divine combination. It is usually my preference if I go out for ice cream, I will usually get something in that combination. And I currently am addicted to Fresh n Easy's dark chocolate covered almonds, I can eat the whole container in one sitting if I let myself. But again, it is a chocolate and nut combination. Geniuses figured that one out. Like peas and carrots, some things just go together well.

Well I guess that wasn't so painful, but nothing terribly revealing either.

3 comments:

Judy said...

I am glad the "tagged" post wasn't too painful. I am always so leary/timid in doing stuff like that... like those forwards or chain forwards "don't ruin this for everyone else" ugh, I hate them. Anyway, I am new to this blogging world and didn't want to upset the balance. Anyway, that's funny that you hated your feet. I've never noticed them, but I think you have the prettiest hands I've ever seen. I think I've told you that before. Anyway, if your feet are like your hands then, I'm pretty sure you have nothing to worry about! And peanut butter M&M's... my FAVORITE!

Rachael said...

I had frames in my house for months with the models in them and finally family was coming to visit so I quickly pulled out all my pictures and got my family in there!
You have a rock in your knee? Does it hurt to kneel on it?

Megs said...

Rachel! I love blog-stalking too. And somehow posting a comment to a long-lost friend doesn't seem as awkward as sending a random email. Your kids are adorable and so big! And you have two! Awesome. So good to hear from you!