Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Crash and Burn

So that whole "Chain of Love" thing crashed and burned I guess. That's all right. I've decided that I will still make something for 5 special people who are as follows: The 2 who wrote in and I decided to make something for 3 other people, the ones I have known the longest on my sidebar (excluding my sisters):

1. Robin- because she got on board with it. She goes to school with Mark and has been one of the few sane people that he goes to school with, thank you Robin! (I don't have any pictures of you, or else I'd put a lovely photo of you here)

2. Lynette Thiriot- She is the second person to get on board with the idea. I know Lynette from my days at the UNLV institute. I've always thought she was a fun and wonderful person, but we didn't really get to know each other well. But we have recently gotten back in touch again, and now since we both have little boys running around, we are excited to get to know each other better! One of those people you just know you should be friends with! (second one from left, in plaid- 2000- I'm probably just as surprised as you that I have a picture of you Lynette!)

3. Jena DeMarco I have known since a long time ago, growing up in Washington. Though it wasn't until she stayed with us when she moved to Vegas that I found a lifelong friend in her! We were in the same ward growing up, I played basketball against her sister, went to prom with her brother, her mom was my YW advisor, her dad was a good influence on me to get me to read the Book of Mormon. But Jena is so much fun, and thankfully she married one of Mark's good friends, so whenever we get together we are all about making amazing food and great conversations! (Michael's blessing- 2008)

4. Judy Bateman will get something made by me because she is fabulous. We met at Ricks our second year. I miss her terribly and if I wasn't working right now I'd take the boys and go visit her for a week. She is hilarious, beautiful and doesn't ever give herself enough credit for the wonderful person she is. (Vegas visit, 1999)

5. Jenny Holman was my roommate my second year at Ricks and is tons of fun and hilarious. She had to go and get herself married or I would have roomed with her at BYU too. I thank her for starting the Rachel Boston Fan Club at Ricks College. I have memories of playing quarters (mormon version), building forts, and of course the the infamous Couch Cushion Escapade of 1998! She and her family are moving to England this week I think, so I will wait to send something once she gets settled. (the aforementioned couch cushions, Jenny is the upper right, 1998)

4 comments:

Robin gut my favorite title is Grandma said...

Rachel:
Ya, my "chain of love" post crashed and burned too. I was wondering if I should take it a bit personal.
robin

Judy said...

What a surprise I found when I was checking up on my blogs...

To be honest... I saw your chain of love post and I decided not to comment on purpose, although I thought it was a great idea, it was BECAUSE I feel like you are super duper busy and you don't need one more thing on your plate. Plus, I already have something fabulous from you. Those 2 cute quilts you sent to me when Sam was in the hospital. So I didn't feel like I deserved something else.

You are a great friend and I miss you too. You're welcome anytime. But don't come now, it's snowing... I'm ready to come down there for some warm weather!

Jenny said...

I'm not as noble as Judy - I didn't comment on your last post because although it would be awesome to get something from you, I didn't want to have to do the same for 5 other people. Its shameful, I know.
I'm honored that you chose me anyway! We are leaving for England next week and as I type movers are packing up my stuff. We have an APO address so I'll get that to you. I'm excited! You've made my day.

Jaime Lynne said...

Again, I can't believe you know Jena. She is a peach!!! And Dave is a great guy, too.