Sunday, March 8, 2009

Birthday Hoopla

Jacob turned 2 years old today- I've had a bit of trouble accepting it, the past year and a half since I started working have gone by so fast, and I feel like I've missed a lot. But I think Heavenly Father knew that it would be hard on me and has made sure that I was there for the important stuff. Thankfully, despite working, he still loves me and needs me and I look for to being able to cut back my hours in less than 9 months, and being able to be there for him and Michael full time. Anyhow, we had a wonderful Stake Conference today, and this evening we had family over for Jacob's birthday- so here are 8 fun things about Jacob on this 8th day of March.
1. His favorite food is probably roasted asparagus.
2. He says "not" instead of "no" most of the time. He will furrow his brow and look at you and say "NOT." I'm pretty sure he got this from me because I try to use the word NO less often, so instead I say things like "do NOT throw sand, do NOT stand on the table, do NOT jump on your brother!"
3. After snuggling in the dark, he will say "Nighty night" and this is his cue that he wants to be put in his crib to go to sleep.
4. He is developing a great sense of humor, and likes to pretend he is falling or he will point to the wrong picture on purpose and laugh.
5. He managed to blow out both his candles today in one shot, I was very impressed!
6. He still is not a big fan of nursery. You would think they cut off little tiny toddler toes in that room by the way he acts. He is getting a little better with it, I like to think.
7. He loves to dance and particularly enjoys singing the Hairbrush Song from Veggietales.
8. He is wearing 2T and 3T clothes now, and everyone thinks he's older than he is because of his height. My baby is no longer a baby, but a full fledged boy that is embracing his "two-ness."
THEN..

NOW...



Not a serious picture despite my efforts to get a good one tonight!

Here's a decent one taken this week- Happy Birthday to my Amazing Jacob!

7 comments:

Judy said...

Happy Birthday to Jacob! I think birthdays are fun, but I remember being very sad when Kate turned 1, so I understand the sadness about them getting older. Well, Katelyn went to nursery, the whole time, for the first time... this Sunday. And, she's 2 1/2, AND I'm a nursery leader. So, I can vouch that cutting off toes isn't something we practise in our nursery... I think that just happens with some kids.

Rachael said...

Wow...has it really been 2 yrs. Since having Eli time has flown by for me too!
Happy Birthday!

Jossie said...

What a cutie! I am SO sorry that we didn't make it over last night...I was feeling super nauseous (darn pregnancy anyway!) and almost had to call off dinner with my friends :-( Happy Birthday Jacob!

Robin gut my favorite title is Grandma said...

Rachel:
I just love the first and second picture of Jacob. Such a sweet sweet baby picture and a totally "two year old" picture. I love his little silly body language. Sooo cute.
robin

Salinda W. said...

Happy Birthday!
Wow Two years. I didn't realize though that his birthday was March 8th. Thats Niyah's birthday too. She turned five :( thats way to grown up. I am meaning to put up some pics of her to say happy birthday, but as always seem to run out of time.

Sarah said...

It seems like I just remember you being pregnant and being so sick. Happy Birthday Jacob!

Megs said...

Hey Rachel! We're coming into Vegas tomorrow and we'll be there for a week--it would be awesome to see you. We could let the kids play or something. Give me a call: 928-200-1758.