Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mount Charleston

So last week my sister and I headed up to Mt. Charleston, only about a 45 minute drive from my house. It was so fabulous for several reasons, so follow along...
First, Miss McKenna, Melissa's 3 months old, oh so yummy (I gotta stop thinking about sweet, chubby, snuggly babies!).

Second, plenty of room to explore for the kids, and climb, and poke...


Third, dirt, and lots of it...sometimes a little boy misses it so much that you have to really rub it in to appreciate it...

...you have to make sure it gets on the face, and hat, and somehow in between your toes even though the shoes never came off...

...but it's not just for little boys, Ella needs it too...

...apparently they also need to inhale it as well.

Fourth, a good adventure makes for happy boys...

And fifth, the temperature was this when we left the meadow...

...and this when we got home...UGH!

We had a great time last week and went back again today. I think we may make this a weekly Wednesday ritual. All friends are welcome to join!

3 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

We'd love to go on Wednesday with you guys. Let us now the time and details. Looks like a ton of fun!

Rachael said...

That is a huge temp difference. It is crazy that 45 minutes away and it is that cool! We may join you in a few weeks...next Wed we have something...looks fun!

Sarah said...

I would also like to join sometime, but next Wed I also have something. Let me know if you go again in 2 weeks.