Saturday, August 15, 2009

All Done!!!


Mark had his last day of school yesterday, and to celebrate we met up at StripSteak (with a $50 gift certificate I got for $4 on restaurant.com!) at Mandalay Bay, took a trip to Lowes to get ideas for my master bedroom makeover, and then got away for a night at the Aliante (thanks to my brother for the employee discount!).
I'm so proud of Mark for working so hard to do well in his program. He now has to take three national exams to get his license, one for the CRT or Certified Respiratory Therapist, and two for his RRT or Registered Respiratory Therapist. He can start working with is CRT, so hopefully it won't be too much longer! I think it will finally feel real once that happens.
In some ways the two years has gone by fast, and in other ways its felt like it has been forever. Thanks to having my parents here, my children are happy and well adjusted, but I know at least Michael would be completely neurotic if it wasn't for them, these last two years couldn't have happened without their help. Jacob was only 6-7 months old when we started and now he's a full fledged little 2 year old!
Even though it was a hard thing to work full time and send Mark back to school for a second career, we knew it was the best thing in the long run. We have been very blessed that I have never had trouble getting the work I needed, and I've felt tender mercies by not missing so many of the Firsts that I feared I would! I think we are both very ready to be done with all things school related, feels like we have been going to school all of our married life- 2 years for my masters, 2 years for Mark's masters, 2 years off, and then 2 years for his Respiratory degree!
So a new chapter begins...

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Congrats! You are so lucky to have great parents to come and take care of the kids!

Sydney, Cali & Brynne said...

Yay! That's awesome! Congratulations to you both!!! I also love the Cafe Rio idea!!!

Jossie said...

Congratulations! The two years seemed to go by super fast. But, then of course I was just a bystander :-) Yay that he is done!