Monday, September 7, 2009

Do yourself a favor...

So apparently Robin requested that I make a new post so she doesn't have to think about Zulu anymore, and since I don't want to make Robin sad, I will post something that will make anyone really, really happy. And fat.
I got some great peaches on clearance at Fresh and Sleazy (as my sister calls it) and turned to Pioneer Woman for inspiration. If anyone doesn't know about Pioneer Woman, I recommend that you stay away from her site. It's hilarious, addictive, and you feel like you have a friend that you have never met, kind of like a pen pal, but you don't ever have to write her.
Anyhow, Peach Crisp with Maple Cream Sauce. Truly perfection. Seriously, do yourself a favor and make it. Use the real maple though, I'm sure it makes all the difference. I had some from Fresh and Easy that has real vanilla bean in it too, and I think it made it that much better.
It's a little piece of heaven, well, a rather large piece actually, since I ate a ton of it. To find the recipe, click here.
And might I add that I am so excited for her recipe book to come out! I just know it will be full of fabulous things that shouldn't be made on a regular basis unless I want my husband to die from high blood pressure and clogged arteries. Which I really really don't want to have happen. So I will enjoy the recipe book and make things like this sparingly. Mmmm...and savor every last bite.

(I don't know how this ended up posting under Mark, but this really is me!)

6 comments:

Jossie said...

That looks so yummy!

bloodfamily said...

Let me know when her book comes out. I would like one too! That dessert looks WAY good.

Sarah said...

I love the Pioneer Woman! I made her potato bundles this weekend, but think I added a bit too much cream. However, they were still tasty.

Robin gut my favorite title is Grandma said...

Thanks Rachel - MUCH BETTER!!! And I will definitely have to try this recipe. It sounds great!!
I take my test on the 15th - I am feeling so unprepared and nervous. I haven't wanted anything so bad in a long time - just to pass this exam will be such a blessing. Pray for me!
Oh, and it was 47 degrees here when I woke up this morning. I'm wearing a sweatshirt. Crazy huh?

Rachael said...

I will let you know it is DELICIOUS!!! I actually just finished the last of it from Sunday night-it was good!!!!! I could tell you used fresh peaches and wondered where you got them!

Brooke Low said...

I love following Pioneer Woman also! Keep posting your fun recipes. We are having a cafe rio night with our friends next weekend, thanks to you.