Sunday, June 20, 2010

Blogworthy

Things come and go that may or may not be considered blogworthy, but this is what is important to me this week.
First, since the washer broke and got repaired about a month ago (and things were tinkered with in the process), we discovered there had been a slow leak since that time which caused drywall and baseboard damage, along with a little bit of lovely black mold. However, thanks to it being Vegas and a desert, it's not the kind of mold that can easily take hold. Cutting out the drywall and soaking the exposed areas with a bleach solution was a sufficient enough treatment according to our mold expert. The leak was fixed with a little more tightening, now we are just waiting for drywall. But my question is, does this justify new flooring and baseboards like I want? Probably not if I am frugal, which I am trying to be much better at, needs vs wants, yadda yadda yadda. I think I may just need to be happy with having it fixed!
Here is a lovely view of my entry way, now exposed to the laundry! Did I mention that my house is a complete disaster, with everything out of the entry closet and laundry room, with food storage covering my dining room table? Did I mention I get grumpy when my house is a complete disaster?

But, this cheered my heart greatly today and I didn't care a bit about that silly mess in my house.
Michael eating corn on the cob and loving it. Getting this boy to eat something new is very very difficult. Last summer's corn we got him to touch it I think. This year after a few exposures, he decided that he likes corn and ate almost a whole one today. I nearly cried! I can now say that he will eat two vegetables- raw carrots and now corn! It gave me hope that he will gradually accept new foods with enough perseverance. It's not that he's not healthy, he's strong and smart with lots of energy, he just is resistant to change and to new things. But 4 has been a good year for him so far, I think he may just be hitting his stride with this kid thing.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I hate messes too and they put me in a grumpy mood-especially with construction!
Glad to hear that he is liking corn on the cob! Luckily my kids are NOT picky eaters...although Oliver isn't old enough to really tell (what I see so far...I could be in trouble!)

Sarah said...

We had corn on the cob on Sunday, and you would have thought I was trying to feed Jackson spiders based on the gagging noises coming from him.