Saturday, June 26, 2010

Life keeps moving along, I am realizing that the year is now halfway over and before long it will be the holiday season again. Sometimes it's scary how quickly time seems to go by. Mark's job is going well and I still have more work than I could possibly do. But I do what I can and leave it at that. My mantra is, " there are other people can do this work, but I am the only one that can be my kids mom", at least that is what I tell the rehab managers when they want me to work beyond my regular hours, that and thinking "your staffing issues aren't my problem so stop bugging me". I am feeling my mantra to be more and more true after reading for the latest conference talks. Add the fact that I only have one more year left with Michael at home, and I feel it more keenly than ever that I need to be home as much as possible.

Anyhow, the boys are certainly XY's and are a mix of crazy, rambunctious, and sweetness with a little bit of rebellion thrown in for good measure.
The boys have been surprising me with their ingenuity lately, though I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since they are growing up so fast. They were running out of water in the water table for their squirters, so they made appropriate modifications by proping it up on one of their trucks.

Michael was apparently unsatisfied with just a regular old play mat for his Thomas, so he added his own topography with stools and pillows. Now Thomas can really go up a hill and the water looks like a waterfall instead of a flat river.

Just makes me happy inside to see them experimenting and learning.

In other news, it has now officially reached stinkin' hot temperatures in Vegas. So what else can you do, but DECLARE WAR!
Mark found the best dollar store find ever with these big size army guys. Perfect for attacking with their squirters. Inevitably the boys get soaked in the process, so it makes for a nice cool down.
Few soldiers withstood the attack.
The carnage and mayhem was shocking.

Anyone have any other ideas for how to get through these hot summer days?

2 comments:

Robin said...

Move to Boise. We haven't used the air conditioner yet. It's beautiful.

Lynette said...

I just love your boys and your blog! I'd lost the link awhile back and kept forgetting to ask you for it again. Thanks for commenting so I could come "visit". And another HUGE thank you for the drops yesterday. You are such a great friend!!