Sunday, December 4, 2011

Random Shots

So I have some random pictures on my camera from the past week that make me smile.  Thought I'd share. 

This I haven't been able to bring myself to take down.  The boys did this when I went into the hospital when I was pregnant at the beginning of my ordeal, back in February.  They wanted to put hearts on all the bedroom doors for Valentines.  The other doors got one heart.  But they weren't satisfied with only one on mine, they wanted to show how much they loved me with lots of hearts.  There used to be more, but these are the ones that remain, almost 10 months later, still on my door.

Next, we have Jacob.  At 4 and heading close to 5, he is wanting to have some independence.  Here he made his own cinnamon toast.  It's disgusting, I think he used a half stick of butter on it.  Needless to say he tried one bite and then came and found me and asked me to make him some. 

Jacob again, quite proud that he did this all by himself and placed it in the nook in the entry to our room.  I don't have the heart to erase it. 

Found the boys with the camera one morning, quite enjoying themselves.  I'm not sure the identity of this nose though, despite the fact there there are several shots from this angle, it's still not enough to make a positive ID.

My firstborn is turning 6.  Sigh.  He has grown up so much this year, I enjoy him a lot.  I really really do, a lot. Mucho.
Here are 3 clean monkeys.  It makes me smile, she seems to have a look that is telling me she doesn't think letting them in the tub was the best idea, but she'll tolerate it for now.  Though she has her arms up in a defensive position, just in case.
So that is a glimpse into my little world, according to my camera.  I still think I have the most wonderful baby ever made.  I adore her so much.  She has been dubbed "baby Omi" by my nieces and the boys have picked it up.  Michael was trying to quiet her the other day and I heard him say "it's ok Om, your brother is here."  So sweet, but never imagined 'Om' as the nickname. 
I saw a quote on a friend's blog that said "THE DAYS ARE LONG BUT THE YEARS ARE SHORT."  It is completely true.  And as I switched baby's clothes out today and pulled out the 3-6 month sizes, it hit me hard just how quickly time really is passing.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I love that you let Jacob make his own toast and that he realized how horrible it was. What would you have done if he liked it! Nasty!!
Love the nose shot!!!
I think Omi is a cute nickname...Om...sounds like a Yoga Prayer Chant :)
Michael is such a sweet sweet boy...I can see how you adore him!

Robin said...

Days are long...years are short....tell me about it.

Judy said...

I love that quote, so true. My baby is 10 months. How can that be? I'm sorry I never called you. My baby was just SO SICK! I got her home and she was too fussy to call. I would have called while on our walk because she enjoyed that.. but I don't have very many minutes on my cell so I thought I'd just call you from home. Another day! I will call and we will catch up. For now, LOVE the pics. Baby is so cute. Your boys growing up so fast.

Lynette said...

Oh my goodness, how sweet are the hearts on your door??? Love. I wouldn't be able to take them down either! You have the sweetest little family and I just adore all of you:) Let's play soon!!!