Thursday, September 24, 2009

Apron Madness

Okay, I admit it, I'm obsessed with this apron pattern from Brassy Apple. My friend and I decided we wanted to start a sewing group and this was to be our first project tonight, unfortunately Lynette had a death in the family and Georgia couldn't come, so our first night just ended up being my sister and I and here are the results:
She was making one for her motherinlaw for Christmas and I decided to make a fall/thanksgiving one for me. And they are reversible!
Please ignore the mentally insane picure, we got back to the institution by curfew.
I love the ribbon neckline and my adorable turkeys!

Here are two others I have made with the same pattern.
I made this one for Robin, for her Chain of Love gift, and I will send it to her if she ever sends me her new address!!! (hint hint Robin-text Mark with it!)
And this one went to Alexis at My Mama Made It, for a gift exchange I signed up for on her blog. She has some great ideas on her website, I think we will do something from her blog for our next sewing night.

Anyone else love this apron as much as I do? Anyone else think sewing is a lost art? Anyone else think I may be going overboard?

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Sewing is definitely an art lost on me! I think it's great you have this talent and especially when you use it for putting so much good into peoples kitchens.

KaySea said...

I love them. I need to make 5 or more!! Will you help me??? :) They are great. Call me and we will plan something. I do love the turkeys too.

Jossie said...

Those are so cute! I never wear aprons since I almost never cook but if I did I would totally sport those :-)

Rachael said...

Very cute! I am not much of an apron wearer but they are cute!

bloodfamily said...

I would love the pattern - if you are willing to share. Very cute!

Robin gut my favorite title is Grandma said...

Thanks Rachel - it is so cute. I love aprons and I DO wear them. That is so sweet of you. My address is 1304 W. Eagle, Nampa, Idaho 83651

The Muries said...

Way cute! You need to post the pattern. :)

JLea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JLea said...

They turned out soooo cute. I wish I could've been there... but I still plan on making one. Jorja