Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Michael and Jacob

Just a note about my boys, more for myself probably than for all of you.

Love this boy. Recently he started saying "I know I really love you Mommy." I think it's cute that he adds the "I know" part. He is thriving in his preschool co-op that I am doing with some friends from the ward, and he is at such a fun stage. He likes to tell stories and does a great job 'reading' "Green Eggs and Ham." His favorite food is probably strawberries and he loves jumping on the trampoline, especially if it can knock his brother over. And with those beautiful eyes, I know I really love him too.


This one has fully embraced his "2"ness and beyond. While sometimes that is frustrating, he keeps us laughing. He has a great sense of humor and is growing up so fast. I love that he says "Hold You!" when he wants to be picked up, not 'hold me.' It's hard to say no to a 2 year old that says he wants to hold you! His favorite food is shredded zucchini in scrambled eggs. And he is somewhat obsessed with eggs, thanks to the book "Are You My Mother?" He is still a giant who brings us lots of joy!

The two of them are thick as thieves and the majority of the time play really well together. I wouldn't change for a minute how close they came. Our family wouldn't feel right without my two little death defying elves! People at work think I am crazy for wanting more kids, but with two like these, who wouldn't want more? They just don't get that being a mother fulfills me and makes me stronger than anything in the workforce can. It's all part of Heavenly Father's plan.

1 comment:

Robin gut my favorite title is Grandma said...

Awesome post Rachel, it gave me goosebumps. And you are soooo right about Michael's eyes. Like I always say, enjoy and savor every moment - the "hold you's" and "I know I love you's" pass by so quickly.