Thursday, September 29, 2011

Naomi

Finally figured out how to upload pictures with the new computer, it kept saying I didn't have access to the folder whenever I tried uploading from photoshop to blogger or facebook.  But alas all has been ironed out.
Here is a picture of me 2 days before delivery.  I still threw up every morning except for the morning of delivery, but I think that was because we had to get up at 3am to be at the hospital by 4 and those stomach acids didn't have long enough to stew and make trouble.  By the way, I don't miss pregnancy...at all.  I chose to be induced, I had waited for labor with the other two and likely would have done so this time if not for my dad's surgery and the narrow window we had for my mom to take care of the boys.  But I was glad to have baby a couple days early too- both the boys came close to their due date and had respiratory issues initially because of meconium, so it was a relief to not have that issue with her.  I got hooked up about 6am and she was born at 7:09pm.  I am no hero, I believe epidurals are part of the further light and knowledge provided by Heavenly Father.  And after what this pregnancy did to me, I knew I didn't have the endurance even if I did want a natural childbirth.  But of the 3 deliveries, this epidural was the best cause I could still feel my contractions and move a little.  My nurses were great, apparently it was a good day to have a baby at Summerlin because there were only 3 patients on the whole labor and delivery floor.  It only took pushing through 3 contractions and she was out.  Dr Harter was fabulous as always, he is so friendly and personable in the office, but I appreciate how he takes charge and is so focused during the delivery.
So she arrived, 6lb 11oz, 19 inches, my smallest baby.  (Sorry sweet girl, I know coming to Earth wasn't exactly on your agenda right then).
Here we are, resting after delivery.  We were still unsure what to name her initially, but eventually settled on Naomi Amanda.  Naomi was my grandma's middle name and Amanda is my middle name.  I like that it's rarely used anymore, and although unintended, finished off our family of biblical names.
The next morning Mark brought the boys by for a visit.  They have adored her from the beginning and haven't stopped!
 Daddy is kind of in love with her too.
We waited 24 hours after delivery and were eager to get home, hospital beds are the worst.  During labor I swear my rear hurt more than the contractions!
Michael can't get enough of her, and feels a keen responsibility to look after her.
At 3 days old my fabulous friend Lynette came and took newborn pictures of her.  I can't wait to see them all, but here are a few she sent me...I think they capture how sweet and gentle her spirit is.  Lynette had just got her new faux wood mat, it totally looks like paint chipped wood boards but is really a nice foam mat.  Love the effect.


I feel great (except for my bout with the flu this week), but I guess I didn't realize how cruddy I still felt being pregnant because it was so much better then it had been in months 2-5.  But I love that once the baby is out, all the nausea and vomiting goes away and that feels soooo good!  She is a perfect baby and really doesn't cry or fuss unless she has a good reason.  She just had her 2 week well check and weighed in at 7lb 7oz and 21 inches.  I don't think they are great at measuring accurately at this age because I doubt she grew 2 inches.
So that is a little about our lovely Naomi, and of course, I would do it all over again for her.  I would.  Every ache and pain and vomit truly was forgotten as soon as I saw her.  People say that I can use this against her when she is older, but that is silly, it wasn't her fault.  No way would I hold it over that sweet little innocent face you see above.  Then again as the perionatologist said, "when she turns 15, you may want the IV zofran back..."

5 comments:

Melissa Summers said...

I am so glad the delivery went well for you. You deserved that after all you went through with the pregnancy. She is a cutie. I had Natalies picture taken on the same faux wood boards. I thought it was cute too.

Sarah said...

Those pictures are wonderful! I am so happy for you that you are not pregnant any longer.

Leah said...

She is beautiful! I am glad she is here and you don't feel so cruddy all the time :( Newborns are so wonderful. I am so excited for you. Congrats!

Rachael said...

She is adorable!!!! So glad you are feeling better!!!

Judy said...

She is so beautiful. Seriously, what a pretty baby. I also love the name. Good work. :)